Friday, December 17, 2010

Freewrite about The Flowers

 I actually find that The Flowers is an interesting book. I can actually relate to the book and I understand the language since parts of it are written in spanish. I find it really interesting how so many things happen to Sonny and how he does so many things and some dont even notice. It is nice to see that Sonny is not racist like Cloyd and he does get along with black people. I also found it ironic how Cloyd is racist against blacks but he does not even know that Pinkston is black even though he might not look like it. The lies that constantly go on in this novel also show us the true sides of some of the characters in this novel. Sylvia, for example who lies about being able to cook.

1 comment:

  1. Daisy,
    I'm so happy to see you 'catching up' on your blog!
    I have completed my reading and grading of the Term Papers and now I'm on to evaluating the blogs. Grades are due by Monday, so I have much to do this weekend!
    Thanks for all of your hard work this semester!
    Happy New Year,
    Ms. K

    ReplyDelete