Friday, December 17, 2010

Research Proposal

Research Proposal
For my research paper I was thinking about writing about Hester. I want to prove that she is a good person. Yes one mistake really impacted how the whole town saw her, but I think she is a good person. I can see this throughout the novel because she shows it in many parts. Hester is a good mother and we can see this because she resists going to a witch gathering because she knows she has responsibilities now as a mother. She proves that she is an independent woman because she is able to make a living from her talent of needle-work. She also still manages her time to help out the poor and the aided. This then leads the townspeople to change their mind about Hester and see her symbol as Able instead of adulterer. I also want to show how women today have more freedom and are independent. I also want to show how Hester’s punishment would be viewed today. Because today wearing an A on someone’s chest is not common.

No comments:

Post a Comment