Friday, December 17, 2010

The Glass Menagerie

The Glass Menagerie
Viewing The Glass Menagerie at the theater was way better than the reading. It was nice seeing the play being acted out by people. I had never really seen a play and it was nice seeing one. I found it amazing that the actors made it seem as if the audience was not there like if they were really going through it for reals. The actors and actresses were great. I would rather see plays than reading them because I get a better interpretation of the scenes and the play. I understand it better in other words. When I read it I am not as interested as when it was being played right there in front of me. Yes, both the play and the book have many things in common. I thought overall that the play had a sad ending because Laura finds out that her love is getting married. Although he does kiss her and they have a good talk in the end Laura is only hurt. She goes back to her little glass figures. I kind of thought that the little glass figures represented her because like the glass figures she was very nice and fragile. Another thing that I found interesting was that Tom would leave because he did not want to be home. He was running from his problems and trying to solve them by drinking which obviously does not solve anything. I could understand though why it was that he drank which was not the solution. He did it because he was just tired of still having to take care of his family. Overall the play was very entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment